Friday, 4 June 2010

Contacts from the A17


With thanks to both the University of Westminster and University College Suffolk with their assistance with scanning recent material. I've always enjoyed looking at contact sheets, one photo can often tell many stories, while a whole roll laid out before your eyes tell so much more. Robert Frank was keen on contact sheets, scribbling down notes over the prints always looked great. Storylines, published in 2004, was a particular favourite of Franks work. After watching 'Exile On Main Street', with their collaboration with Frank, I thought it a good idea to take some of my negatives and create some of my own rugged styled contacts ready for the exhibition. The image above is certainly my favourite. While this wintry picture below captured my eye as a steel joiner takes a break between shifts at Lucky Charms on the A140 near Broome.


No comments:

Post a Comment